Chief Couper (Ret) has similar thoughts on law enforcement and gun safety laws. It is our business. I’d say it’s a moral imperative.
Isn’t enough, enough? The business of deaths by firearms is the business of police leadership.
Across our nation there is increasing support for more controls on firearms possession and use.
I expect police leaders to come together and propose that their elected leaders do more to legislate reasonable controls. For example, the following:
1 Universal background checks on all sales and transfers of firearms (including so-called “gun shows.)
2. Prohibit the sale and possession of military-style assault rifles.
3. Prohibit the sale and possession of high-capacity magazines.
4. Institute a national/state buy-back program of prohibited firearms and magazines.
5. Permit police to impound firearms possessed by persons who are a danger to themselves or others.
6. Increase accessibility for all citizens to mental health services.
7. Enforce existing state and federal firearms laws and fully staff the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Taxation and Firearms.
8. Sanction hate speech whenever…
View original post 73 more words